During the current Covid restrictions, the Council is holding virtual meetings and unfortunately members of the public are unable to attend.
Meeting Dates Scheduled for 2021:
Wednesday 20th January 2021
Wednesday 17th February 2021
Wednesday 17th March 2021
Wednesday 26th April 2021
Wednesday 19th May 2021
Wednesday 21st July 2021
Wednesday 15th September 2021
Wednesday 17th November 2021
Due to Covid Restrictions, meetings were held on the following
dates in 2020.
Wednesday 15th January 2020
Wednesday 5th February 2020
Wednesday 19th February 2020
Wednesday 15th July 2020
Wednesday 19th August
Wednesday 16th September
Wednesday 21st October
- Finance and Governance: Is responsible for monitoring Council expenditure, annually analysing future funding requirements and recommends the precept to be raised. The Section also reviews staff salary levels, terms of reference, insurance of town property, loans and donations and other associated activities requiring finance. This Section is made up of the Town Mayor and Leaders of the other Council Sections.
- Recreation and Sport: Is responsible to Council for Crowley Park and for maintaining the play equipment. This Section also monitors the condition of the public footpaths in the town and reports problems to the County Council.
- Newsletter and Communications: Deals with all aspects of the Newsletter and is delivered free to every home and business in the town every month (omitting January, enabling us all to have a well earned break over the Christmas period)! The publication contains articles about Needham Market together with reports and information about organizations in the town. Anyone wishing to submit an article should send it directly to the Town Council Office by the 8th of the month prior to publication in the following month. Anyone wishing to advertise in the Newsletter or on the Town Council’s Local Business Directory should contact Kelaine, Assistant Town Clerk at the Town Council Office.
- Planning: Receives and considers consultation copies of all Planning Applications relating to the town. Recommendations from this Section either in support of the application or as objections, are passed to Mid Suffolk District Council who, as Planning Authority, will make use of these comments in their determination of the application.
- Town Property & Services: Provides and maintains Litter Bins, Bus Shelters, Notice Boards, Grit Bins and the Town Clock. This Section also arranges the High Street Christmas trees and lights display.
- Highways, Lighting & Footpaths: Oversees highways matters such as the need for road repairs together with parking matters, waiting restrictions and signposting. Two hundred of the three hundred & fifty street lights in the town are owned by the Town Council and the Section advises Council on the cost of repairs and maintenance. The Section will also make recommendations for the need and location of new street lights in the town.
On Town Council Meeting nights, Councillors are always on hand from 7pm to 7:30pm to discuss any matters or concerns you may have.